Thursday 8 January 2009

Vegan margarine 2 for £1.40 in Netto

Wake up in the morning wantin' me breakfast, what vegan sunflower spread do I lay on my bread? ...

A bit of a random post to start of the new year, and probably old news, but Vitalite is now suitable for vegans after I don't know how long waiting. They'd been promising for months to remove the non-vegan vitamin D from the recipe - which apparently involved reformulating the entire recipe, which then failed quality control and had to start again - but anyhow, vegan margarine goes mainstream, and gets quite a bit cheaper. I know it's sad to get excited about margarine, but it's the little things that make a difference, every vegan product that gets into mainstream shops and supermarkets that makes it easier for people to cook and eat vegan food and live the vegan lifestyle or support other people who do.

No comments: