Tuesday 29 January 2008

Pot Noodles and Fat Cats

Why is it that the Beef and Tomato flavour Pot Noodles are vegan but the generic Curry flavour ones aren't? I discovered this highly interesting fact in the interval at last Saturday's gig, where the entire band spent about 20 minutes driving round in search of a chippy, finding at least two closed ones and eventually going back to the local Co-op for some junk food for tea. Not that chips aren't junk food.

Went to the Fat Cat pub for lunch (well, breakfast for us, lunch for them) with the FIL and SMIL last Sunday. Think they might have been having an off day as they appeared to have run out of food by 1pm, there had been a beer festival on Thursday-Saturday, which might explain it. They had three vegan options and four meat options on the menu, plus three desserts which didn't look like they would be vegan. We were going to go for the potato and spinach pie and the leek and mushroom dumplings, but apparently they'd run out so we had bean casserole. It was acceptable as bean casseroles go, but personally when I go out for food I like to have something that wouldn't take me less than 20 minutes to make at home, or ideally something I wouldn't normally bother making at home. Annoyingly enough, after we'd got our food they put the dumplings back on the menu. I did get my bottle of Kriek though, so it wasn't all bad.

No comments: